Online reviews: Click below to read real reviews from Averitt drivers and associates.
At Averitt, we are focused on safety, both on and off the road. Our dock associates engage in safe usage of our forklift and tow motor equipment at our LTL facilities. Here are just a few tactics that can help keep dock associates safe:
• Always fasten seat belt
• Sound horn when backing out of trailer or approaching “blind” intersection
• Ensure wheel chock and dock plate are in place before entering trailer
• Keep all body parts within cage
• Never lean forward to inspect load or insert body parts near/between uprights of forklift mast
• Turn off engine if forklift will be unattended
Every dock associate and leader has access to our forklift safety manual with even more tactics and training for safety practices!
Interested in becoming a dock associate at Averitt? We have dock positions open across our network. Click below to see dock openings in your area:
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1415 Neal Street
Cookeville, TN 38501
©2020 Averitt Express. All rights reserved.