3 min read
We operate in an industry that must continue to move forward, providing an essential service to the country. From drivers to mechanics, dockhands to support staff, you’re showing the world just how invaluable you are at a time when you’re needed most.
For that, we share our heartfelt thanks.
Our President and COO, Wayne Spain, shares his thoughts on how we're positioned to come out on the other side of this health crisis strong, resilient and focused on the future, all thanks to our associates.
Averitt has a pandemic plan in place that includes contingency plans for possible work disruption issues. This plan is updated almost daily and is being shared with all levels of leadership.
Preventative Steps Averitt is Taking as a Company
- Our attendance policy has been adjusted to not allow associates who have viral symptoms at work
- When possible, office-based associates are able to telecommute
- Associates are actively utilizing "social distancing" practices in facilities and encouraged to practice the same techniques in their personal lives
- Good health hygiene, as promoted by the CDC, is being stressed daily by leadership
- Facilities are being cleaned and sanitized on a frequent basis
- Company gatherings and meetings have been suspended until further notice
- Sanitizers and wipes are being provided for office personnel and in-cab for drivers
- Screening associates who have traveled oversees to determine quarantine needs according to CDC guidance
- Screening outside vendors for possible contact with infected persons
Adhering to guidance stemming from national emergency declaration
- Reviewing and implementing CDC and WHO guidance daily
Averitt is Continuously Monitoring and Adapting
Averitt continues to monitor this situation and hopes to have more definitive information as the situation develops. For additional information, the CDC has set up a website (Coronavirus Disease 2019, available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html) to provide information as it becomes available.
We value our Customers, our Associates, and our Future. We are communicating precautions and awareness to our internal associates and will continue to communicate with you as the situation develops.
For the most current information on how the Averitt team is helping Keep America Moving, follow us on social: